Oral health education is provided in every camp to the residents of the place. Oral health education is provided with the help of lecture, power point presentation, posters, models, and demonstration. When the patient comes to the department education is imparted to the patient by taking him through the museum displaying various charts and models pertaining to oral health.
Students education they taught in an interactive manner for better understanding and also to increase their intellectual skills. Fieldworks like PHC, Old age home, orphanage, handicapped schools visits are undertaken. To enhance students’ understanding of the social setting, the assessment of its problem and program planning to solve the condition. Field surveys are encouraged to provide them the first experience in planning and evaluation, data collection, presentation, and analysis.
Research activities: Applied researches are encouraged.
|Designation||Name||Qualification||Total Experience||Publications done|
|Reader||Dr. Rahul R. Patel||BDS, MDS||5 Years 7 Months||27|
|Sr. Lecturer||Dr. Hiren Patel||BDS, MDS||1 Year 3 Months||7|
|Tutor||Dr.Paresha M. Modi||BDS||12 Years 9 Months||–|
|Tutor||Dr. Shivani R. Patel||BDS||4 Years 1 Month||–|
|Tutor||Dr. Priya S. Patel||BDS||1 Year 11 Months||–|
|Tutor||Dr. Srushti A. Patel||BDS||1 Year 10 Months||–|
|Tutor||Dr. Pooja Patel||BDS||05 Months||–|
|Tutor||Dr. Amar Bhojak||BDS||2 Months||–|
TOBACCO CESSATION CENTER (FACULTY DETAILS)
|In-Charge||Dr. Hiren Patel|
|Medical Social Worker||Munirabanu Chauhan|
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Zarna Patel was awarded the second prize in National level Essay writing Competition at IAPHD Conference-2013.
- Purvi Lad was awarded the second prize in National level Essay writing Competition at IAPHD Conference-2014.
- Dr. Zarna Patel was awarded the first prize in National level Essay writing Competition at Richard Law Award-2014.
- Dr. Nidhi (2nd Year PG) was awarded the best paper at IAPHD Conference-2015.
- Dr. Parth (PG Student) was awarded the best poster award in National Conference of IAPSM in January 2016 at GMERS, Gandhinagar.
- Dr. Parth (PG Student) was awarded the best paper award in National Conference of IAPSM in December 2016.
- Established an NSS unit in 2014.
- Oral Health Awareness Program: Organized treatment camp at Brahmakumaris, Abu Road & treated 365 patients.
- World AIDS Day: Organized oral health awareness & special screening program at Special Children Home, Gandhinagar on 1st December and screened 40 children fighting against AIDS.
- World No Tobacco Day: Celebrated World No Tobacco Day on 31/05/2019 with theme of “Tobacco and Lung Health”.
- Department actively participated in screening camp conducted for the physically and mentally challenged participants of Khel Maha Kumb
- Conducted a camp in the orphanages of Mehasana and the patients required treatment were treated in our college.
- “SAVE TREES, SAVE THE WORLD” upon this concept – tree plantation day was organized by the department, which involved the active participation of the Management trustee staff and students of NPDCH.
- The celebration of “Mother’s Day”. It involved an interactive session with the audience and the speaker, Dr.Meera Gandhi an eminent Gynecologist of Visnagar.
- A drawing competition followed by oral screening and oral health education session was conducted for school children of Visnagar. The event was graced by the presence of Dean Dr. Basavaraj Kallali and Vice Chairman Shri Prakashbhai Patel. Dentifrices and toothbrushes were distributed to all the participants.
- A rally was organized on 1st December 2014 to create awareness regarding AIDS among the campus students and the local populace.
- Awareness lecture regarding the harmful effects of tobacco use among the people of Bokarvada village was organized.
- An NSS- unit has been established under the auspice of the Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, with Dr. Deena as a programme officer. Free dental treatment camp at Gorad – Mehesana was conducted as an inaugural endeavor.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan – Restoring the campus after the cyclone impact in july last week, 2015.
Earth day celebration – a step towards green India.