BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The department was ESTABLISHED – 2008. POST GRADUATION course commenced in the year- 2013.
Public Health Dentistry works for the promoting oral health and preventing oral disease. The department strives to take education to the masses to improve their quality of life. We believe the key to ultimate oral health lies in educating and motivating people and bringing positive social change.
Oral health education is provided in the every camp to the residents of the place. Oral health education is provided with the help of lecture, power point presentation, posters, models and demonstration. When the patient comes to the department education is imparted to the patient by taking him through the museum displaying various charts and models pertaining to oral health.
Students education they taught in an interactive manner for better understanding and also to increase their intellectual skills. Field works like PHC, Oldage home, orphanage, handicapped schools visits are undertaken. To enhance students understanding about the social setting, assessment of its problem and program planning to solve the condition. Field surveys are encouraged to provide them the first experience about planning and evaluation, data collection, presentation and analysis.
Research activities: Applied researches are encouraged.
|Designation||Name||Qualification||Total Experience||Publications done|
|Professor & HOD||Dr. Venugopal Reddy K.||BDS, MDS||10 Years 08 Months||14|
|Reader||Dr. Umesh K.||BDS, MDS||07 Years 07 Months||17|
|Reader||Dr. Sangeeta Chavan||BDS, MDS||05 Years 07 Months||16|
|Lecturer||Dr. Rahul R. Patel||BDS, MDS||01 Year 08 Months||16|
|Lecturer||Dr. Vinit B. Patel||BDS, MDS||1 Year||03|
|Tutor||Dr. Pranav N. Singal||BDS||10 Years||–|
|Tutor||Dr.Paresha M. Modi||BDS||08 Years 07 Months||–|
|Tutor||Dr. Shivani R. Patel||BDS||04 Months||–|
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Zarna Patel was awarded the second prize in National level Essay writing Competition at IAPHD Conference-2013.
- Purvi Lad was awarded the second prize in National level Essay writing Competition at IAPHD Conference-2014.
- Dr. Zarna Patel was awarded the first prize in National level Essay writing Competition at Richard Law Award-2014.
- Dr. Nidhi (2nd Year PG) was awarded the best paper at IAPHD Conference-2015.
- Established a NSS unit in 2014.
- Department actively participated in screening camp conducted for the physically and mentally challenged participants of khel maha kumb
- Conducted a camp in orphanages of mehasana and the patients required treatment were treated in our college.
- “SAVE TREES,SAVE THE WORLD” upon this concept – tree plantation day was organized by the department, which involved the active participation of the Management trustee staff and students of NPDCH.
- Celebration of “Mother’s Day”. It involved an interactive session with the audience and the speaker , Dr.Meera Gandhi an eminent Gynecologist of Visnagar.
- A drawing competition followed by oral screening and oral health education session was conducted for school children of Visnagar. The event was graced by the presence of Dean Dr. Basavaraj Kallali and Vice Chairman Shri Prakashbhai Patel. Dentifrices and tooth brushes were distributed to all the participants.
- A rally was organized on 1st December 2014 to create awareness regarding AIDS among the campus students and local populace.
- Awareness lecture regarding the harmful effects of tobacco use among the people of Bokarvada village, was organised.
- A NSS- unit has been established under the auspice of the Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, with Dr. Deena as a programme officer. Free dental treatment camp at Gorad – Mehesana was conducted as an inaugural endeavor.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan – Restoring the campus after the cyclone impact in july last week, 2015.
- Earth day celebration – a step towards green India.